Sweet & Maxwell Privacy Statement
1. Sweet & Maxwell Limited [and its parent company Thomson Reuters (Professional) UK Limited] is/are committed to respecting your privacy and we recognise your need to know that your personal information is being lawfully processed and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. This Privacy Statement is designed to help you understand how we may use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us in this website.
3. This website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
4. In general you may browse this website without providing any personal information. The information we collect on an aggregate basis, as you and others browse our website, is not is not used to identify you in any way. If you want to interact with us via the website, we may ask you to provide us with some personal information.
5. You may provide us with details about yourself so that we can send you information about our products and services. The details we ask for may vary with the services you request. The on-line entry page will give you more information about how we might use and share those details and your choices.
6. If you wish to purchase our products or services through this website, you may need to provide us with information so that we can complete the transaction (including your credit card details).
- cookies only contain as much information as was disclosed to the site that sent it
- cookies do not take information from your hard drive, delete files or contain viruses
- cookies are small files (100s of bytes) and do not pose a disk space problem
- if you choose you can usually change your web browser to disable storage of cookies.
8. Information Use
We and other Thomson companies would like to use the details you give us through this website to provide you with additional information about our products and services. You will be asked to confirm your agreement to this when you enter your details.
We will use the details you give us to provide the products and services you have purchased. If you purchase a product on our site you may provide us with your credit card details. These details will only be used to process your purchase. We will not disclose your credit card details to any third parties for marketing purposes under any circumstances.
You may opt out of receiving information or advertisements from us or other Thomson companies to which we have passed your details by contacting Customer Services.
Except when disposing of a particular publication, we do not rent, sell , share or trade any of your personal information on our e mail lists to any third parties without your permission.
9. Access to your information
At any time you may ask us to
- send a copy of your information
- remove your information from our records
- correct or update any of your information
If you have any questions or comments please contact Customer Services.
10. Changes to policies
All changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted here. Please visit this page regularly to stay up to date. Your continued use of the site following changes to the Privacy Statement will indicate your acceptance of them.
We are committed to working with you to resolve, quickly and fairly any complaints you may have about privacy. If you have any questions or comments please contact us through one of the methods given in the "How to reach us" section below.
The site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. In addition to this we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this is restricted internally.
13. How to reach us
For access or correction of your information:
Marketing Information Data Management
100 Avenue Road
Call Customer Services on
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org